The individual program of specialized training course based on the standard program of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and approved by the Scientific Council and the Rector of the Lugansk state medical university.
The individual program of specialization included the following theoretical and practical aspects:
1. Principles of Orthodontic help management.Organization of orthodontics consulting-room work.
2. Morphological and functional characteristics of periods of the child’s dentomaxillar apparatus development.
3. Etiology and pathogenesis of dentomaxillar anomalies.Methods of investigation of orthodontics patients: clinical-ray ( orthopantomography, teleroentgenography ),photometric, graphic.
4. Classification and diagnosis of dentomaxillar anomalies.
5. Equipment for treatment of dentomaxillar anomalies. Orthodontics appliances for mechanical, functional and combined action. Acquired laboratory and clinical stages for fixed orthodontic appliances.
6. Morphological and functional changes in dentomaxillar system at treatment of dentomaxillar anomalies.
7. Follow-up of children with dentofacial anomalies and deformations.
8. Anomalies of teeth, dental position, anomalies of dental rows shape. Etiology and pathogenesis, clinic, diagnostics, prevention and treatment.
9. Sagittal anomalies of bite: deep and open bite. Etiology and pathogenesis, clinic, diagnostics, prevention and treatment.
10. Vertical anomalies of bite. Etiology and pathogenesis, clinic, diagnostics, prevention and treatment.
11. Transversal anomalies of bite. Etiology and pathogenesis, clinic, diagnostics, prevention and treatment.
12. Dental rows and dental prosthesis in childhood.
13. Orthodontic and orthopedic aid at congenital and acquired defects of maxillofacial area.
14. Complications at orthodontic treatment. Recurrencies of dentomaxillar anomalies and deformations. Reccurencies. Orthodontic retention appliances.
15. Modern methods and means of removal of dentomaxillar anomalies and deformations (BRACKET APPLIANCE, Begg- and Edgewise technique).
16. Combined methods of dentomaxillar anomalies treatment (frenulectomy, compactosteotomy, fibrotomy).
17. Acquired prophylactic prosthetics, methods of manufacturing of metaloceramic, removable and fixed prostheses.